Aggregate Educational Resources
- The California Geological Survey’s Kids GeoZone dedicated to students having fun while learning about the geosciences. Parents and teachers will find activities and links of interest as well.
- Indiana Department of Transportation – Certified Aggregate Technician Manual – full pdf documents with indepth information about aggregate technician training.
- Indiana Department of Transportation – Inspection and Sampling Procedures for Fine & Coarse Aggregates Manual – full pdf documents with indepth information about aggregate sampling and testing procedures.
- Indiana Department of Transportation – Construction Activity Environmental Manual Manual
- Worchester Polytechnic Institute – Specific Gravity, Unit Weight, Moisture Content and Absorption of Concrete Aggregates -Materials of Construction Laboratory manual shows techniques for proper testing of aggregates.
- University of Arizona’s Mining and Geological Engineering Department MGE 415 – Rock Excavation. Description: Methods of excavation of rock in surface and underground mines and construction, ranging from the empiricism of conventional blasting practice to the application of the fundamental mechanics of rock fracture.
- University of Arizona’s Mining and Geological Engineering DepartmentMGE 403 – Mining Technology. Description: Technology used in the tactical (operational) and strategic management of mining and civil earthmoving businesses such as mines, quarries, and construction projects.
- National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association 50 Fascinating Facts about Stone, Sand & Gravel . Acrobat PDF Format. U.S. based circular on facts and trivia about aggregates.
- Pit & Quarry University from Pit & Quarry magazine. 50 Fascinating Facts about Stone, Sand & Gravel . Through an exclusive partnership with the Mining and Minerals Engineering Department of Virginia Tech University, Pit & Quarry is working hard to support industry education and to encourage more young people to enter the aggregates industry. Following are the 20 lessons and quizzes that make up Pit & Quarry’s exclusive Quarryology 101.
- North Carolina Geological Survey Crushed stone (aggregates) in North Carolina. Provides an overview of crushed stone (aggregate) resources and production in North Carolina; also a virtual tour of an aggregate operation.
- gravel – ThesaurusDictionary.com : All about gravel Definitions and information on gravel.
- Concrete Basics from the Portland Cement Association